Monday, February 8, 2010

Don't Put Kitty's Head in Your Mouth


Yup, I actually said those words out loud recently. My 1.5 year old Border Collie, Fritz, decided that he wanted to put the cat's head in his mouth. What's funny (and rather twisted) is that she didn't seem to mind much at all. What this proves (sadly), is that I am becoming one of those people who tries to reason with his dog. I'm beginning to realize that I do this ALL OF THE TIME. For instance, when Fritz decides he doesn't want to come back in the house and pulls on his leash so he can stay outside in the cold, what do I do? I try to convince him that he should come inside and stop embarrassing me in front of the neighbors. Yes, I said it. After typing it, I realize it's a bit pathetic but whatever, just my way of trying to get through to him. A dog. One of his favorite activities is sticking his nose in the cat's bottom. Yet I try reasoning. Obviously, I have the problem.


With that said, Fritz is a great dog. Unfortunately, I think the cats have convinced him to aid in my death (or maiming at least). One of his other favorite activities is attacking me at the top of the stairs. He starts his "I'm a bad ass" bark, growls and lunges at me; which is then followed by his sliding half-way down the stairs on his stomach. If I actually make it to the top of the stairs, he usually jumps at me. Granted this might seem like playing, but is it? I'm convinced that someday I will tumble down the stairs due to his enthusiasm. The cats will rejoice at their victory and lie on top of me to muffle my screams for help. Content in their knowledge that they have corrupted man's best friend.


You should see him chase his tail...and catch it. Maybe he'll stick with that instead of falling under the cats' spell and promises of endless butt-sniffing in exchange for doing their dirty deeds.